In choosing a domain name I need to consider at least the following issues:
1. Should I choose the name of my book for my domain name? So I would need one domain name per book.
2. Should the name I select be more general and descriptive for a category of books that I might write? For instance, the current book I'm writing is about how to write the first draft of a book. Should the domain name focus on the general category of writing books?
3. Should I use my name, so that all my books will be under the general category of me, the author? If I use my name and write books on several unrelated topics will this cause confusion?
4. Most people recommend that a domain name be memorable, easy to spell, and devoid of hyphens. Does this make sense? Why are hyphens such a concern?
5. Most people recommend a top level domain (TLD) of .com. Is the .com TLD the only way to go? Why is there so much reluctance to use other TLDs?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment